New York City is home to a lot of the country’s most cherished landmarks and recognizable attractions. Those planning a trip to the Big Apple may wish to consider the following 10 best things to perform in New York:
* The 86 floors that make up the Empire State building offer a stunning 360-degree view of the city that never slumbers. When the weather is fair,one can walk on the open-air promenade and observe individuals bustling along the streets below.
* Established in 1869,the American Museum of Natural History has become one of the most outstanding museums on the planet. The museum boasts standard exhibits as well as a revolving series of new displays that change regularly.
* During the French Revolution,the USA was presented with the Statue of Liberty as a symbol of France’s friendship. However,over the years it has concerned symbolize a lot more,such as a sign of welcome to those arriving in America searching for a better life. A viewing of this spectacular landmark will make anyone’s visit to New York complete.
* The Ellis Island Immigration Museum is an attraction rich in history and culture. It provides visitors with an intriguing glimpse into the immigration experience. Movies,walking tours and interactive exhibits reveal the challenges and hardships experienced by immigrants as they travelled through Ellis Island.
* Central Park’s pathways,open spaces,fountains and gardens offer a pleasant way for visitors to spend an afternoon. One can take part in free walking tours,which provide a great avenue where to get acquainted with the 840 acres that make up New York’s most celebrated park.
* Many visitors enjoy taking a tour of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York when visiting the Big Apple. Built in 1924,the structure houses a multimedia trading exhibit and a massive gold vault,which are impressive to view. The attraction’s guided tours are designed to offer visitors a better understanding of the bank’s role in the global economy.
* Established in 1929,New York’s Museum of Modern Art is the first museum wholly dedicated to modern art. The museum boasts an expansive collection of contemporary artistic pieces including sculptures,paintings,architectural work and films.
* Times Square receives over 25 million visitors each year. Whether one chooses to view a Broadway show,indulge in a fine meal or simply enjoy the sights and sounds offered by this famous attraction,she or he is sure to have the experience of a lifetime in Times Square.
* Currently incredibly popular with locals and tourists alike,the recent opening of the High Line Public Park’s section 2 has drawn visitors from every direction. Suspended 30 feet above ground,the park will remain a favorite New York tourist attraction for many decades to find.
* A trip to Yankee Stadium would certainly qualify being one of the 10 best things to perform in New York. Opened in 1923 and fondly referred to as “The House That Ruth Built,” this celebrated American icon is a must-see for any baseball fan. Regardless of the attractions one chooses,a visit to New York is an experience she or he will never forget.